Monday, June 13, 2011

This week.....

So I haven't posted very much this week, kinda been hectic.  After the farmers market on Tuesday, I got home and got ready to leave for my parents house in Westernville. I was on my way home for a final concert by my band teacher Mr. Ischia. He taught for 36 years. I really can't imagine doing the same thing for 36 years. He loved it though, said he could have done another 3-4 years. But thought it was time to go, golf and spend time with his family.  It was really great seeing him, and the high school, and some high school friends I haven't seen since I left.  The school looks different, Mr. Ischia's hair is a lot greyer, and the friends haven't changed, just got a little older. There were some mixed emotions going back, though I was excited once I got there.  I still had the, OMG moment, will I still fit in?

Then came a long awaited for moment... I got to check two things off my list. 

1. Have a drink with a Teacher

2. Have a drink at Benny's Respectable Gin Mill

Really It's called Benny's Place, it's in Holland Patent and the great aspiration of a group of High Schoolers Back in the late 90's. David Parker, used to talk about Benny's Respectable Gin Mill all the time, like he was the Norm of Holland Patent and had his own seat at the bar, when really we all knew that he had never been in for a drink before, being that he was 17 and a decent kid that only made mischief and a small bit of trouble.  So when at the age of 31 I finally got to belly up to the bar and order a Gin & Tonic-- it was a moment, the fact that I was doing it with Mr Ischia, made it that much more special.  We laughed and talked,  I caught up with friends,  we did a lot of remembering.

 

So back home Thursday after noon to live life, had some orders to go out and did a lot of paperwork.  Scrubbed the house, and I'm baking today for tomorrow, I'll be at the Watervliet Farmers Market tomorrow from 2:30 - 5:30. Come and visit. Kristy's Barn is there from Schodack and they've got great produce for being early in the season.  I'm going to try to get into Voorheesville on Friday Nights. I'll hope to see you there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment