Monday, February 27, 2012

Couch to 5k- Update

     Well week one is over and week two is about to begin. I wasn't really worried about week one when I started. It's a 5 minute warm-up, then you alternate 60 seconds of running with 90 seconds of walking, then a 5 minute cool down.  Easy enough, and it was. The only down side to the start of C25k is that it is still February in the north east, the weather is unpredictable at best. The start of the week was very nice, sunny, warm (mid 40's) and not bad to run in. Then a nasty wave of crappy weather came through, though not very precipitous, it was windy.  Really, really, windy. I shouldn't complain Syracuse was getting battered with snow and lots of it, and Miss M was running in it. I was a pansy though, and waited to complete my week on Sunday as it was too yucky on Friday and too windy on Saturday. So Sunday turned out to be my best day to run, and it wasn't bad, just cold. I have a hard time breathing in the cold. I've never been diagnosed with asthma, and for the most part never have a hard time breathing, except when it's cold out. Anything around 30 degrees and below, it becomes hard to really catch my breath. So running in the cold becomes extra hard, but I'm committed and I'll just huff and puff through it.  

So this weeks work out is a 5 minute warm up and alternating 90 seconds of running with 2 minutes of walking. I'm not sure about this week. I've found it hard to get going again after I run. Sometimes I am thankful for that little voice saying 'walk'  but I feel like I could keep running. I'm not worried about how the 90 seconds of running will be, I'm far more concerned about how hard it will be getting back to running after 2 minutes of walking.

Anyone else doing the C25k? Did you find it hard to start running again?

Free app for windows phones

No comments:

Post a Comment