Thursday, May 12, 2011

Updates and new things growing.

Well I dropped off all the samples to the restaurant yesterday and now... I wait.  I made some awesome things to take. Cranberry scones and the most delicious Blueberry Lemon Biscuits. Not to mention about 10 loaves of every kind of bread imaginable. A nice gluten-free banana bread went as well. I think I'm going to add them all to the menu pages so you all can get them too!

Well since I've baked and worked like a crazy women the last three days to get that out, today I garden. I'm going to take some photos along the way so you can see the process too. I never thought I would become a gardener like my Dad. He easily had a 1/4 acre ploughed under to garden in. His speciality...Garlic!  He plants a ton of different varieties and about 1000 bulbs every fall.  He's been gardening all my life, and there was even a newspaper article about him and his garden in the local rag.  He sells peppers, garlic, and tomatoes by the bushels. His romaine is beautiful, better then anything you can get in the store.  I don' t think my garden will ever be as nice as his, but I'm trying.  40 years from now I'll look back and see if mine looks as good.   Well off I go, I have to find some place to plant my asparagus, its a perennial and it never moves so I have to make a life long decision. The pressure!  Pictures to follow this afternoon as I take them.

Keep your fingers crossed that the restaurant likes everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment