Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Juila!

Happy Happy Birthday to a women who inspired millions. Julia Childs would have turned 100 today. I know she was one of the many reasons that I went to culinary school. I watched Julia cook on Saturday afternoons on PBS. Her and The Frugal Gourmet, who come to find out, liked the young boys, but I digress. She was an tour d' force in the culinary world, busting through glass ceilings and breaking down doors where ever she went. I don't know what life for a women chef would be like today if she hadn't paved the way. So to Julia, I raise a glass, and say on this momentous birthday, women chefs the world over say, thank you for being, everything we strive to be. Bon Appetite!



Thanks to Lunchboxbrain for finding this one!  She would have loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment